eLumen Career Opportunities
Remote (United States – California preferred)
eLumen is a system of record that helps institutional efforts work better by working together. Our integrated Assessment and Curriculum Management system provides real-time insights into student learning outcomes, curricular performance, and student success.
We know this sounds hard. Some of it is. But our vision of helping institutions put new possibilities for sustainable, continuous improvement in place; and turn bureaucratic processes into tools for student success is guided by some of the largest institutions in the U.S. and the World. We are leaders in next-generational interoperability standards with IMS Global and partners with LMS vendors like Instructure (Canvas) and D2L (Brightspace). We know how to help institutions get things done.
The needs and possibilities for institutional data-driven, system-supported success have never been greater and eLumen is built from the ground up to deliver institutional success in these initiatives. As the workforce changes and new models of education pop up, eLumen is an institutional partner that can not only help with technology but with understanding gained from peer institutions about what works, what’s possible— and then connecting the “what’s possible” to the institution.
The solution engineer will work with executive leadership and account executives as strategic partners in crafting the solution and the vision of the solution with the client in order to ensure success in the sales cycle. The SE will report to the Director of Solutions Engineering. The SE supports sales opportunities, business development initiatives, marketing efforts, thorough discovery processes, and development of strategic projects. SEs must also be able to work with the largest, most strategic sales accounts (system level deals, large dollar value deals, complex deals requiring specific project management duties). The SE will have a deep understanding and expertise of all eLumen functionality and the educational initiatives that support it.
A successful candidate for our Solutions Engineer position should have a clear understanding of, higher education strategies, centralized and decentralized IT governance structures, institutional strategic planning, student success initiatives like Guided Pathways and Co-remediation and institutional accreditation processes. Additionally, a successful candidate will be comfortable discussing organizational goals as they relate to the enterprise deployment of academic and administrative technologies with both system users (staff, faculty, students, IT) and C-level decision makers (Provosts, Deans, Presidents, etc.).
The Solutions Engineer must meet or exceed expectations for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as a presales expert in eLumen solutions, including their architecture, functionality, industry application, and deployment methodologies in the Higher Education space
- Lead thorough discovery discussions with clients to understand their pains
- Craft alignment between the needs of a broad range of client constituents (From institutional leadership to faculty and staff) and the solutions eLumen offers
- Understand and be able to effectively communicate the full range of products and services offered by eLumen to include:
- Assessment Solutions and Processes
- Integrated Curriculum and Catalog and associated workflow processes undertaken by an institution to deliver through an automated system
- Student Engagement Solutions
- The associated services required for the successful implementation and adoption of the solutions outlined above
- Participates in sales meetings with customers and prospects, presenting the technical, pedagogical, and administrative aspects of how our products, services and/or solutions solve specific customer pains
- Expertly lead conversations regarding the value of eLumen’s solutions in high stakes environments such as RFP presentations and institutional bake-offs.
- Maintain Industry, Regulatory, Trends and Competitive insight to bolster your reputation to be a well informed and trusted advisor to institutions
- Deliver exemplary presentations in Client Presentations, Trade Shows, Conferences, Workshops, Webinars and internal company meetings
- Understand the competitive advantages of eLumen by paying attention to key competitors
- Understand the SaaS development environment and communicate its value to potential clients
- Set up product presentations and evaluation environments and oversee evaluation processes as needed
- Respond to RFIs and RFPs as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel approximately 40% of the time, sometimes heavier based on higher education cyclical models. Some travel may be international, so a valid passport is required.
- Must live near major metropolitan airport
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred in Information Technology, Educational Technology or other education-related field
- 5+ years’ experience working in a higher education institution, preferably in Institutional Effectiveness, Assessment or Student Services. Priority given to those with Curriculum Management experience. Years working in a similar Educational Technology vendor role can be substituted
- Understand Solutions Selling, Challenger or other sales methodologies a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Understanding of the application of instructional and administrative technologies to varied institutional learning environments, especially for Curriculum Management and Catalog workflow, institutional assessment and continuous improvement, as well as student success initiatives
- Understanding of the eLumen system architecture, technical infrastructure and deployment methodologies for academic and administrative platforms
- Proven ability to engage effectively at the executive-level
- Ability to create and maintain strong client relationships utilizing interpersonal skills and a friendly, professional demeanor
- Excellent presentation skills with a desire to constantly improve
- Experience tracking client information in CRM solution desired with Salesforce.com experience a plus
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
eLumen is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national original, age, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com